You may have heard that cinnamon is a spice that can be used on lips to make them fuller.
Why Cinnamon Plumps the Lips NaturallyIf you have spend already a lot of money for expensive lip plumper and found out that they don't work or are irritation the lips, then you should know that cinnamon can achieve some better results - at least temporarily.
Cinnamon is more affordable, and a wonderful natural alternative to all commercial lip plumping methods.
This spice from India has the ability to stimulate the blood vessels. This brings blood to the surface of the skin which is causing the swelling effect that we want to get for the lips.
DIY Cinnamon Lip Plumping Methods
1. Use 1 cinnamon stick and dip it into some liquid coconut oil. The cinnamon stick should just be moistened a little. Apply the stick gently to the lips. It will feel as if the lips are burning but the oil is soothing this sensation.
2. Use an empty spice jar (rinsed and dried very well) and fill it with some coconut oil (or similiar oil) and cinnamon sticks. Close tight.
Let sit for at least 1 week. Use the oil on your lips. If the stinging effect is gone, replace the stick.
3. Use a very clean and dry dark colored bottle and mix 4 tbsp of coconut oil with 4 to 6 drops of food grade, organic cinnamon oil. Optional: Add some drops of Vitamin E oil which is a natural preservative (will increase the shelf life).
Massage this oil mix slightly on your lips for a fuller look. Using cinnamon oil is causing an increased burning sensation.
4. Mix 1 tbsp of very soft cocoa butter with 1 tsp coconut oil and some drops of food grade cinnamon oil in a small glass container. If cocoa butter is not soft melt it in the micro wave or use double-boiler method. Use the cinnamon oil sparingly; keep in mind that too much will burn the lips!
5. Make your own lip scrub. It will exfoliate and plump your lips at the same time.
Combine 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tbsp white sugar in a small bowl. Mix well. Gently massage onto lips for 5 to 10 min. This will help stimulate blood flow and make your lips appear fuller.
If you are not into DIY use an already made product like the the Aviva Organic Sugar Lip Scrub which contains only organic ingredients.