You may have heard about oil pulling in some fashion but you don't know really what it is. Or maybe you tried it and it was not what you expected.
We surveyed 50 people of different age, and found out that coconut oil pulling was done either the wrong way, or many people experienced a bad after taste. Of course if you just use plain coconut oil, it can taste yucky! Or if you use the wrong oil or oil blend.
The main question remains
IS COCONUT OIL PULLING SAFE?We will answer your question with 6 reasons why IT IS SAFE:
1. A treatment that is already in use since centuries, started by the Ayurvedic medicine (ancient Indian medicine), can't hurt the body!
Oil pulling was used to manage the build-up of oral impurities which are toxins and bacteria. Left alone without any oral treatment, these bacteria are
causing a number of health issues, such as tooth decay, bad breath, and bleeding gums. This piece of knowledge is known since more than 3000 years!
2. If you use oil pulling the right way it is always safe. What is very unsafe: Swallowing and gargling the oil. It is also NOT intended to brush the teeth with. Oil pulling becomes unsafe when you swallow it or gargle with it.
3. Coconut is called the "Superfood" of these days! Can a product that belongs in the category of "Superfoods" be unsafe?
Today coconut oil is most commonly used for oil pulling because of its tremendous health benefits in general. These are:
- People of countries where coconuts are more consumed are generally healthier
- Helps for losing weight, especially in abdominal fat
- Eliminates harmful bacteria and prevents infections
- Improves blood cholesterol levels
- Improves hair and skin
- The fatty acids in coconut oil can boost the brain functions
- It is an anti-inflammatory and improves arthritis
In fact you can do oil pulling at any time of the day. Even when you sit at your computer and play games or have some facebook time! Sesame oil has a very strong taste and we don't recommend it. Coconut oil is actually the best oil.
5. Oil pulling is not intended to be a substitute for teeth brushing and flossing. You have to keep up your usual oral hygiene, and add oil pulling on top of it.
It is recommended to brush the teeth right after oil pulling is done.
6. To be completely safe use ORGANIC unrefined Coconut oil for Oil Pulling. For example Cocopull™ oil pulling packets and bottles are USDA certified.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OIL PULLING
There are many oil pulling products on the market that contain a blend of oils such as sesame oil and sunflower oils. These oils are not bad as they are high in omega-6 fats, which we likely get enough of each day.
Our first choice is Organic, cold-pressed, unrefined, virgin coconut oil. Remember it is in the category of Superfoods!
Coconut Oil Does Something Really Beneficial:1. The harmful bacteria that can be found in our mouth, especially the Streptococcus mutans which makes cavities, are inhibited by the medium-chain fatty acids (lauric acid) that are in coconut oil. Other oils may break down the bacteria but are not as powerful as coconut oil.
2. Protects against yeast infections in the mouth, which is generally referred to as trush, a condition that is more common if the immune system is weakened, or may be experienced by infants and nursing mothers.
ANOTHER HELPFUL REMEDY
This remedy will enhance the effect of oil pulling and it increasing the pH in the mouth after you may reduce bacterial growth even further.
Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 6 ounces of water and gargle after oil pulling.
It will alkalize the pH in your mouth, which drives away the bacteria that need an acidic environment.
Where to get Cocopull™