You might have read or heard about facial toners but you are not sure what they really can do for your skin. Maybe you asked yourself if they are really a crucial part of the daily skincare.
What is a Facial Toner and what does it do for your skin?To answer the first question if a toner is really important: YES, it is. Toning the skin daily is super important.
The toner makes the final step for removing all remaining impurities and dirt from makeup and environmental pollution, per Dr. Donna Blu, a Miami based dermatologist.
Cleansers are of course good and not a substitute for toning but they don't take off everything. There is still something left behind. So the facial toner makes your face "squeaky clean".
PREVENTS ACNEToners remove all excess oil which is responsible for clogging pores and causing black heads first, secondly acne.
Facial Toners are very important for
- Oily skin,
- When wearing heavy and rich makeup
- Acne-prone skin
- Dry skin
- All skin types
BALANCES THE PH OF THE SKIN
The skin's optimal pH is 5,5 and depending on the cleanser, this value can be thrown off, and the skin can get too dry or too oily.
Facial toners are made in a way to restore the pH balance of the skin.
REDUCES THE PORES
What we absolutely love about toners is the fact that they reduce the size of pores. Visibly your skin will look smoother and it is harder for dirt and pollution particles to enter the skin.
What kind of Toner should you looking for?
There are different toners available but we think a good toner should contain following natural or organic substances.
- Chamomile is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, antiseptic, and contains essential oils and antioxidants. Additionally, the plant has hypoallergenic values and helps to reduce skin irritants by neutralizing free radicals.
- Contains valuable antioxidants, enzymes, Vitamins A and C, and it is highly anti-inflammatory. It can help with dry skin. Aloe Vera contains polysaccharides that stimulate the growth of new cells. This speeds up the healing process for acne and prevents scarring.
- Lavender is soothing and calming the skin, and helps to reduce redness, blotchy patches, and acne scarring. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
TEA TREE OIL
- This oil from the leaves of the Australian Tea tree has very good anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It may even help to prevent and reduce acne scars, leaving you with smooth and clear skin.
MSM or Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane
- MSM is a PURE organic sulfur, also known as DMSO2 (Dimethylsulfone), that can be found in all plants and tissues.
- It is considered to be a nature's beauty mineral because it has the ability to enhance collagen and keratin production, and restores the foundation for healthy skin.
- MSM can reduce the signs of premature aging and will maintain a healthy, youthful complexion.
- It has powerful detoxifying and anti-inflammatory benefits in assisting the skin's support matrix to combat skin issues such as eczema, acne and psoriasis.